Friday, August 18, 2006

F*ck the iPod - Much Better Alternatives Available!


For those in the market for a new MP3 player and think that Apple is the only (and best) game in town. Think again.

For years, Apple has lead the general public to believe they're the cream of the crop when it comes to portable audio and that, my friends, truly isn't the case.

There are tons of better AND cheaper options now available which offer even more features than the iPod.

The latest and greatest comes from Archos. A company I've always been a fan of since purchasing one of their portable audio/video players a few years back.

The reason I mention Archos' new "104" series of MP3 players is because of the storage size and it's price. This thing holds 4GB worth of music (2,500+ songs) for just $150. In comparison - Apple's 4GB iPod Nano costs $249.

This is just one example of a good portable audio player for the price. Another I would recommend is the new Sandisk line of players which come in 1, 2 and 4GB flavors and also have built-in FM tuners.

So my advice - shop around before going with the overpriced iPod. And yes, I'm a little bitter since both my $300 iPod and my brother's iPod's hard drive took a dump on us after the 1-year warranty expired. So I stick by my claim that they are overpriced pieces of shit. Hooray for competition!